Free One-on-One Counseling
One-on-one counseling sessions are designed to provide specific, in-depth assistance with your business. Our counselors can advise you on a wide range of business opportunities and challenges.
Our counseling goals include:
- Helping you determine whether self-employment and the type of business you have chosen are right for you
- Helping you identify the strengths and weaknesses of your skills, knowledge, interest, and resources in managing each aspect of your business
- Helping you network with other business and community resources that can provide valuable information and expertise to your business start-up or expansion
- Resources include volunteer business advisors and mentors specializing in areas such as financial analysis, franchising, legal and tax structuring, and marketing
- Helping you finance your small business, through your own resources, venture capital, or bank loans
If you are starting a new business, sign up for "So You Want to Start a Business". This class is a prerequisite to scheduling a counseling session at the Larimer SBDC. Explore the basics of business ownership, including entrepreneurship, planning for a profitable business, pitfalls to avoid and how to reach your customers.